Culture Trails: 52 Perfect Weekends For Culture Lovers
Hemingway's Paris, Finnish saunas, Renaissance Florence: from art and music to literature and cinema, there's something for everyone in this follow-up to Wine Trails and Food Trails. We present ideas and itineraries for 52 weekends of culture heaven, packed with expert recommendations, maps and advice on how to get there and where to stay.
We've searched the globe to find 52 cultural enclaves where the arts have had a profound, lasting impact and local culture is being protected and nurtured; where old customs hold true and new ones are being forged; and where the past is melding with the future in fascinating ways.
- Aboriginal art in Australia's Northern Territory
- On a classical high in Vienna
- Confronting Soviet ghosts in Bulgaria
- Exploring a Latin American literary legacy
- Myths & legends of old Hong Kong
- Discovering Havana's music scene
- Copenhagen's design and urban environment
- Oxford's storytellers
- Ancient religion of Ethiopia